Mary Ward had attempted, unsuccessfully, to found a house in Prague in 1628. It was not until 1921 that the CJ were able to re-establish a presence in this part of Europe.
In 1949, with the onset of the communist regime, the sisters had to leave Štěkeň and go to Dobrá Voda. In 1989 they were able to return to Štěkeň and it is here that most of the sisters of Czech origin reside. There is a smaller, more apostolically active community in Prague.
During the communist period, Slovak sisters also worked in Horní Maxov and Košátky in Bohemia. Today some Slovak sisters still work in the Czech Republic.
In 2009 the Czech Province was incorporated into the Slovak Province.
To know more, visit their web: http://www.congregatio-jesu.tode.cz/