The Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary was founded by Mary Ward (1585-1645). We are companions of Jesus, women at the heart of the Church, called to follow Christ in the discipleship of love. Living in in a multitude of communities across the world, we embrace and rejoice in the diversity of cultures and histories that we come from, transcending boundaries.
We work in a wide variety of settings: schools, nursing clinics, anti-trafficking organizations, prisons, universities, and much much more.
We are called to be present at the margins of society, accompanying people in whatever situation they are in. In all of this, we seek to impart an integral sense of justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.